If you are looking for a therapist Great Falls VA has several clinics from which to choose. Lindsey Hoskins & Associates has been helping men, women, children, young adults, and families for years. Using our knowledge, experience, and empathy we are able to assist our clients in working through and resolving matters of all complexities. If you would like to schedule a consultation with a Great Falls VA therapist, please call our office today.
Understanding the Difference Between Psychiatrists, Psychologists, and Therapists
Many people are confused about the difference between psychiatrists, psychologists, and therapists. Before choosing one of these professionals for counseling, it may be a good idea to have a basic understanding of each type. Below is a basic description. If you would like to know more, contact a therapist Great Falls VA residents respects by calling our office to arrange a consultation.
- Psychiatrists – These are medical doctors who specialize in psychiatry and can prescribe medications. Sessions are usually short; typically lasting for 10 to 15 minutes. Patients can usually meet with a psychiatrist once a month or every other month. In general, a psychiatrist is ideal when medication appears to be beneficial.
- Psychologists – These are mental health professionals who are more similar to a therapist Great Falls VA has to offer. Psychologists work with patients in an office setting and others are focused on research. Psychologists are often helpful when complex diagnoses are involved. For instance, when a patient has autism, a learning disability, or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, a psychologist could be beneficial in helping them develop coping mechanisms.
- Therapists – Anyone envisioning a warm office with a welcoming professional may want to consider a therapist Great Falls VA respects from Lindsey Hoskins & Associates. When a person needs someone to talk to but doesn’t need or want medication, they may want to see a therapist in Great Falls VA. Therapists are a broad category of professionals who are comprised of counselors, family therapists, social workers, counselors, psychotherapists, and marriage therapists. Therapists Great Falls VA community members can count on will have training in how to effectively work with clients to meet their goals in counseling.
Therapists use various counseling techniques with couples, children, families, teens, and adults. Sessions are usually held once a week for one to one-and-a-half hours at a time. During the sessions, a therapist can help the client develop tools to cope with different issues. The focus is on the client; thus building a foundation of trust and rapport. Therapists will not judge the client; they will help them resolve the issues they’re facing. A therapist can help clients discover the answers for themselves and create meaningful forms to change their life for the better. A therapist Great Falls VA trusts can help a client to:
- Achieve goals
- Reduce or alleviate the symptoms of anxiety, stress, and depression
- Build self esteem
- Open up to family members
- Rebuild relationships
- Cope with health problems
- Get through a divorce or trauma
If you would like to know more about how a therapist Great Falls VA provides can help you, please call Lindsey Hoskins & Associates today at 703-951-6409.