If you and your partner are having problems, you may want to consider couples counseling Great Falls VA residents trust. At Lindsey Hoskins & Associates, we are dedicated to helping you improve your relationship. We offer evening and weekend appointments to accommodate your schedule.
Good Reasons to Seek Couples Counseling
All relationships have their ups and downs. It is important to know when you and your partner may need counseling. Here are some good reasons to seek couples counseling in Great Falls VA:
- Infidelity: When one partner has been unfaithful, it can lead to distrust and resentment. However, that doesn’t necessarily mean the relationship has to be over. In couples counseling Great Falls VA locals respect, couples can learn how to move past an affair and make the relationship stronger.
- Communication Issues: In order for couples to have strong relationships, they must be able to communicate with each other about anything. If a couple avoids having certain conversations, there may be a cause for concern. Couples counseling can help a couple learn how to communicate more effectively with one another.
- Lack of Physical Intimacy: Whether it is due to loss of attraction or hormonal issues, lack of physical intimacy can negatively impact a romantic relationship. During couples counseling Great Falls VA resident rely on, couples can find out why they aren’t being intimate and figure out how to rectify the issue.
- Premarital Counseling: If a couple plans to get married in the near future, couples counseling may be beneficial. During these counseling sessions, couples about to tie the knot can discuss potential issues they may face when married in a non-judgmental setting. For example, they may talk about how they will share finances or when/if they want to have kids.
- Physical or Mental Illnesses: In one partner suffers from a chronic physical or mental illness, it can put a lot of stress on the relationship. Great Falls VA couples counseling may help manage the negative feelings that comes from the illness. The person suffering from the illness may discuss how he or she feels and the other partner may find out how he or she can make things better.
- Blended Families: If one or both partners have kids from another relationship, it can sometimes complicate things. During couples therapy, partners can explore the difficulties they face with the kids and figure out the best possible solutions.
What to Expect During Counseling Sessions
During couples counseling Great Falls VA locals depend on, you and your partner may have joint therapy sessions with a qualified counselor. He or she may teach you skills to improve your relationship, such as how to handle disagreements or communicate about difficult subjects.
At first, it may be difficult to discuss your relationships issue with a counselor. However, if you are patient and stick with it, your counselor may be able to help you find the solutions you are looking for.
If you are looking for couples counseling Great Falls VA offers, you may want to contact Lindsey Hoskins & Associates at 703-951-6409.