Should our Wedding Officiant Perform Premarital Counseling for Us?
A ceremony officiant McLean VA couples trust can set the mood for your whole wedding. When planning their wedding, many people focus on the venue, flowers, music, and the reception. However, the wedding revolves around the ceremony which is why it is important to choose the right wedding officiant. In addition to planning your wedding and picking the right officiant, you should also start thinking about preparing for your joint future together. Luckily, you can find a McLean ceremony officiant who can perform your wedding ceremony and also help you prepare for your upcoming life together. At Lindsey Hoskins & Associates, we offer both services.
It’s important to sit down with your fiance and discuss your choice for a ceremony officiant in McLean VA as not all are trained to offer premarital counseling. If you both decide premarital counseling is something you desire, it is important to speak with the wedding officiant candidate at your first meeting to discuss that possibility. There are two types of officiants: those who focus on marriages, and those who focus on wedding ceremonies.
Wedding Ceremony Officiants
Legal Officiants officiate weddings in terms of a civil function. Legal officiants include justices of the peace, judges, ship captains, and court commissioners. They will perform the vow ceremony with the couple and sign their marriage license. Usually, these types of wedding ceremonies are short and to the point, but sometimes, legal officiants will plan personalized ceremonies with the couple.
Celebratory Officiants range from wedding planners to DJs to professional celebrants to folk singers to your family friend who received an ordination certification online. These officiants’ main focus is just the wedding day. Depending on the celebratory ceremony officiant McLean VA offers, they could either design the ceremony around the couple’s wishes or they could do a simple five-minute ceremony so everyone can go to the reception.
Religious Officiants view marriage as a sacred bond created by God and that marriage is essential to a couple’s relationship with each other, their family, and their faith community. Religious officiants typically require premarital counseling to help teach the couple of the type of marriage that God would like them to have. By choosing a religious ceremony officiant McLean VA community members turn to, the couple will know that their ceremony will follow a traditional liturgy of their faith.
Escort Officiants accompany and guide couples from wedding to marriage. They believe in the importance of a strong marriage. An escort ceremony officiant McLean VA residents choose from Lindsey Hoskins & Associates will want to help create a wedding ceremony that accurately depicts the couple’s unique values. They also provide premarital counseling to ensure the couple has the resources and skills that can help them succeed in their marriage.
Benefits of Premarital Counseling
There are many benefits to undergoing premarital counseling. In addition to those listed below, by choosing a wedding ceremony officiant McLean VA locals recommend as your premarital counselor, the person can truly understand your relationship and make your wedding exceedingly special.
- Create positive resolutions for marriage
- Learn conflict resolution skills
- Obtain realistic expectations about timing
- Avoid toxic resentments
- Address fears about marriage
- Identify usual reasons of marital stressors
Choosing the Right Ceremony Officiant in McLean, Virginia
If you are planning a wedding, it is important to work with the right ceremony officiant McLean VA trusts. There are so many details that go into planning a wedding and it’s easy to forget or neglect a small detail. A reputable ceremony officiant, such as one from Lindsey Hoskins and Associates, may design and perform a wedding ceremony that you’ll remember forever.
What Is a Ceremony Officiant?
A ceremony officiant in McLean VA is someone who leads a wedding ceremony and is legally recognized to perform the marriage. A ceremony officiant can have other titles and may also work as a judge, minister, or justice of the peace; however, this is not always necessary. When a ceremony officiant McLean VA respects signs your marriage license, he or she also confirms that you and your spouse are qualified to be married in your state.
Questions You Should Ask a Ceremony Officiant
There are many ceremony officiants and it may seem very tough to choose one who is right for you. To make sure you hire the right person for the job, ask a ceremony officiant McLean VA counts on the following questions:
- How much experience do you have? It is important to find a ceremony officiant who has performed wedding ceremonies similar to yours in the past. The more experience this person has, the more likely he or she can give you the ceremony you want. For example, if want to have a church wedding, you may not want to hire a ceremony officiant who has never performed a wedding in a non-religious setting.
- What are your credentials? Ask the ceremony officiant if he or she is licensed to perform weddings in your state. You can verify these credentials by contacting the city clerk.
- How much do you charge? To prevent an unpleasant surprise later, find out how much money your ceremony officiant will charge to lead your wedding. Also, ask the officiant if he or she requires a deposit and what his or her refund policy is.
- Can you create a personalized ceremony? If you prefer a personalized ceremony for you and your partner, make sure the McLean VA ceremony officiant has the skills and time to do this. Not all ceremony officiants are willing to do this. At Lindsey Hoskins & Associates, we’re happy to work with couples who want personalized and unique wedding ceremonies.
- How long do your wedding ceremonies typically last? The length of a wedding ceremony can vary from couple to couple. If you prefer to have a quick ceremony, be sure to discuss this with the ceremony officiant during the first meeting.
- How many meetings will we have with you? It is a good idea to find out how many pre-wedding meetings a ceremony officiant McLean VA can provide recommends. If you would like several meetings with an officiant before your ceremony, it is important to find an officiant who is willing to schedule these meetings.
Contact Lindsey Hoskins today!
At Lindsey Hoskins & Associates, we’re proud to provide our clients with wedding ceremony officiant services. We also offer premarital counseling for the convenience of our clients. If you are searching for a reputable ceremony officiant McLean VA offers, contact Lindsey Hoskins & Associates.